Project Manager Interior Work and Technical Installations F/M - Munich|
Entreprise : EPO - Office européen des brevets
Contrat : CDD
Lieu : International
Expérience : De 3 à 5 ans
About the EPO
The European Patent Office
With almost 7 000 employees, the European Patent Office (EPO) is one of the largest public service institutions in Europe. Its headquarters are in Munich and it also has offices in Berlin, Brussels, The Hague and Vienna. The EPO was founded with the aim of strengthening co-operation on patents in Europe. Through the EPO's centralised patent granting procedure, inventors are able to obtain high-quality patent protection in up to 44 countries, covering a market of some 700 million people. The EPO is also the world's leading authority in patent information and patent searching.
In 2019, the EPO received over 181 000 patent applications and granted over 137 000 patents. Its free online patent database, Espacenet, contains more than 100 million technical documents from 100 countries, and its free neural machine translation service, Patent Translate, provides instant, high-quality translation in 32 languages, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Russian.
Project Manager Interior Work and Technical Installations F/M
You will be part of the Technical Services team in Munich and report to the head of department. The department, which is responsible for providing technical services to all internal customers located in Munich, will have two internal project managers and a number of external project managers to deal with all building-related projects in the existing buildings.
You will mainly be responsible for managing the project portfolio and for multi-project management within the existing building portfolio in Munich. While focused chiefly on technical installations, you will also manage end-to-end turnkey projects, from the conceptual/design phase to the go-live date. While managing several of your own projects, you will at the same time also be responsible for managing and co-ordinating external project managers. Drafting tender documents for project management and engineering services will be part of your daily work. You will work in a project-management environment where you will manage the entire project portfolio process and report on quality, time, cost and risk.
Your main responsibilities
- Ensuring the continuous development of the portfolio and the project management process
- Managing the Munich project portfolio
- Managing multiple projects in parallel by co-ordinating and managing external project managers
- Ensuring continuous data quality and reporting in our TPG project management tool on MS Project and SharePoint
- Drafting tender documents for project management, engineering services and construction works
- Ensuring compliance with national statutory requirements and EPO regulations
- Approving invoices and accepting services delivered
- Supporting the head of department with budget management and funds management
- Assuming responsibility for the entire (framework) contract portfolio to ensure timely project delivery
- Co-ordinating the project portfolio with cross-site colleagues
- Clarifying project requirements/wishes with internal users and stakeholders
- Ensuring the proper handover of project documentation
What we expect from you
- Preferably 10 years’ multi-project management experience
- Three years’ portfolio management experience
- Proven qualifications in project/PMO management would be an advantage
- Experience in technical maintenance would be an advantage
- Good skills in project and portfolio process modelling
- Proven skills in project and portfolio management software (e.g. MS Project, SharePoint)
- Affinity for digitalisation of buildings and services
- Results-oriented approach
- Diploma of completed studies at master's level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience in electrical/mechanical engineering or facility management
- Excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language (English, French and German) and the ability to understand the other two. In exceptional cases, excellent knowledge (at least C1) of one official language and working knowledge (at least B2) of another. In such cases, the willingness to learn the third language and to reach level B2 within a set time frame would be required.
- Citizenship of one of the member states of the European Patent Organisation.
Job group: 4
Grade: G7 to G10 (net (basic) monthly salary* for this vacancy: EUR 5 882,44 to 8 330,59, depending on experience)
Duration of appointment: Five years
Career path: Technical
Interested in this position?
You can send your application by using the "Apply" button.
Process and timeline
The successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications and relevant experience, supplemented as appropriate by interviews, tests and/or a personality questionnaire. It is intended to hold the interviews in May 2020, in Munich.
* after deduction of EPO internal tax and before deduction of staff contributions to the social-security and pension schemes. The salary level depends on experience.
To foster gender diversity, EPO encourages applications from women. The EPO is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity as a signatory to the Diversity Charter (Charta der Vielfalt) since 2010.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the professional merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion or belief.