Design Manager UK Projects H/F|
23/12/2019 | ref : 18856-32077157
Entreprise : COLAS SA - CSA 2020
Contrat : CDI
Salaire : Non communiqué
Lieu : Birmingham
Expérience : De 3 à 5 ans
Le groupe Colas est présent dans tous les métiers liés à la construction et l'entretien des routes et de toute autre forme d'infrastructures de transport ou d'aménagements urbains.
They will support the effective management of external design consultants to provide value engineering solutions and designs for major infrastructure projects in the UK and overseas. The role will require interface and close working with our bidding and operation teams throughout the project life cycle.
* To effectively manage the Colas tender design process on allocated opportunities to deliver sustainable solutions that exceed client outcomes.
* To provide buildability input into the development of design solutions with a strong focus on Health, Safety and Welfare
* Build long term collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, design partners, wider supply chain and the internal Colas teams
* Work as part of the Preconstruction team to produce high quality technical solutions that enhance the ability to win work in the UKP targeted sectors
Provide ongoing support to operational delivery teams on secured projects to ensure a consistent high quality service to clients and the business
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
* Responsible for the design process during preconstruction and delivery stages of the project lifecycle. Ensuring that the process is implemented and followed on all UKP opportunities.
* Drafting design scope documents and deliverables to support contractual negotiations and commercial agreements with design partners.
* Development and delivery of the design to time, budget and quality requirements
* To be the key point of contact with our design partners throughout the design development stages, providing responsive and constructive feedback on design progression.
* Managing the overall design performance to cost and programme expectations
* Produce budget forecasts for tender design requirements as required.
* Act as the first point of contact for all design related deliverables during the tender process Challenge and review designs to ensure that they meet the company's safety, operational and commercial objectives whilst responding to the employer's requirements and works information in a compliant submission.
* Leading the value engineering and innovation within the design process for opportunities using engineering and technical expertise including commercial, contractual and programme/time awareness
* Collaborate with the commercial and operational team to generate designs that are cost effective whilst meeting the clients outcomes
Contribute to the wider tender quality submission deliverables where requested
* Provide reports as required by the bid steering committees and the UKP management team.
* Line Management responsibility for members of the technical team as it grows.
* Assist in the development of succession and business continuity plans for the UK Projects technical team.
* Management of design risks and issues
* Monitoring and control of the overall design scope
* Support stakeholder engagement on design issues as appropriate
* Approving and controlling the issuing of designs for construction
* Instructing change to the designers and managing design change across the design disciplines
* Liaise with other team members and all other stakeholders and develop best practice working.
* Take overall responsibility for Performance Indicators applicable to design activities. Manage and monitor requirements and report monthly. Produce corrective action reports and implement their recommendations where required.
* To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the line manager.
* To ensure that all operations carried out within our area of responsibility are undertaken with full regard for the safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
* Accountable for ethical behaviour in all aspects of the role.
Ensure all activities are undertaken with due regard for the environment, to prevent pollution, comply with legal and corporate requirements and minimise environmental impact.
* Good first degree in a relevant discipline
* Relevant professional qualifications, e.g. membership of professional body such as IMechE, IET, ICE etc.
* Temporary Works Supervisor accreditation desirable
* BIM accreditation desirable
Further qualifications in design management or project management would be useful.
Technical skills and experience
* Several years' experience of managing and working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver portfolios of projects throughout the project lifecycle
* Relevant site experience is essential
* Demonstrable experience of preparing high quality bids, reports, publications and presentations
* Ability to travel throughout the UK and to Europe may be required
* Ability to lead business opportunities, taking responsibility for client engagement and managing commercial aspects and a team
Able to develop strong relationships with client stakeholders by effective communication
Informations complémentaires :
Leader mondial de la construction, de l'entretien et de la maintenance des infrastructures de transport, le Groupe COLAS a pour mission de promouvoir une mobilité responsable au service des usagers. Le champ de ses activités est vaste : routes, autoroutes, pistes d'aéroport, rails, aménagements urbains, signalisation routière, transport d'énergie, etc. En quelques chiffres, le Groupe COLAS, c'est 58 000 personnes, une présence dans 50 pays sur tous les continents, 13,2 milliards d'euros de CA en 2018 et 85 000 chantiers réalisés dans le monde chaque année.