Bid manager H/F|
23/12/2019 | ref : 18860-32077153
Entreprise : COLAS SA - CSA 2020
Contrat : CDI
Salaire : Non communiqué
Lieu : Birmingham
Expérience : De 3 à 5 ans
Le groupe Colas est présent dans tous les métiers liés à la construction et l'entretien des routes et de toute autre forme d'infrastructures de transport ou d'aménagements urbains.
Co-ordinate the effective management of the bid process for business opportunities and ensure collaboration and support is provided to the operational business units for the production of persuasive and compliant submissions at prequalification and tender stages.
To ensure a smooth transition to the operational phase by providing a comprehensive handover and supporting the project post contract.
As a member of the Commercial Preconstruction Team you will work closely with bid team members. This includes working with Operational Managers, Commercial Managers, Business Managers and other operational personnel to develop solutions for pre-qualification and tender submissions, and to ensure that they represent maximum benefit to the Client.
Nature and scope
* To liaise effectively and work closely with the management teams across the region and provide effective bid support services and technical solutions for allocated opportunities
* To work closely with all members of the regional bid teams, Procurement, Commercial, Technical, Support Services and the wider business to support the effective development and implementation of processes and protocols for bidding opportunities. Working with all members of the team in co-ordinating and managing submission deliverables.
* To assist in maintaining and improving bid management processes and challenging existing practices.
* To demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post and to maintain an up to date awareness of activities and standards within Colas' business sectors.
* To carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision Mission and Values.
* Responsible for the development, preparation and submission of allocated pre-qualifications and tenders. To work within the Pre-construction team in developing solutions for client requirements.
* To develop bid strategies and solutions aligned to company objectives to support regional bidding and wider business opportunities where directed. Agree bid strategies with the Senior Bid Manager and implement them, ensuring that they are clearly communicated to all members of the team and are compliant with the customers' requirements.
* To lead allocated bids and ensure that effective and relevant inputs and information is provided for bidding that relates to technical support, bid writing, co-ordination and administration.
* For all allocated tenders, undertake a detailed analysis of bid documents to establish, plan, monitor and review the bid deliverables for each PQQ and Tender submission undertaken.
* To work with operational teams and central services to manage, develop and write quality bid solutions, ensuring submissions are produced in accordance with current procedures, this will include:
- Preparation of relevant Tender Commission/Tender Review papers for review.
- Through background research, obtain appropriate information and intelligence on client requirements, goals and drivers
- Liaise with other team members to ensure quality/price benefits are considered
- Responsibility for client contact and Tender Query management throughout the tender period, and ensuring that all post tender requirements are dealt with efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner
- Create and manage the tender programme, ensuring milestones and deadlines within the bid process are met.
* Facilitating strategy meetings, establishing a clear plan and ‘story-board' content.
- Developing written solutions to identified issues and questions and co-ordinating responses written by others
- Assisting with preparation and delivery of presentations to the client as appropriate
- Ensuring that the best possible bid document is delivered to the client on time
- Attend post tender client feedback sessions and prepare report based on the issues discussed
- Ensuring that lessons learned from previous bids are reviewed and actioned as appropriate
- Undertaking handover of tender quality promises to the Operational team once projects are secured
- Providing wider bid management support in developing written solutions and reviewing written solutions provided by others
- Contribute to the effective maintenance of data bases of relevant information to support business development, bidding and communications.
- Provide support and mentoring to Apprentices
- Any other duties required by your line manager
- Good general education.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent preferred but not essential.
- Experience in successfully performing a bid management or coordination role within an infrastructure related sector.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of bid management processes.
- Developing robust and clear deliverables schedules for bidding opportunities.
- A general understanding of the commercial and legal issues that need to be considered when bidding opportunities.
Personal Attributes / Skills:
§ Excellent communication skills are essential.
§ Ability to think and prioritise strategically
§ Excellent time management and organisational skills.
§ IT literate
§ Flexible working attitude
§ Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
§ Ability to think creatively and provide innovative solutions
§ Ability to continually review and improvement performance
§ Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Informations complémentaires :
Leader mondial de la construction, de l'entretien et de la maintenance des infrastructures de transport, le Groupe COLAS a pour mission de promouvoir une mobilité responsable au service des usagers. Le champ de ses activités est vaste : routes, autoroutes, pistes d'aéroport, rails, aménagements urbains, signalisation routière, transport d'énergie, etc. En quelques chiffres, le Groupe COLAS, c'est 58 000 personnes, une présence dans 50 pays sur tous les continents, 13,2 milliards d'euros de CA en 2018 et 85 000 chantiers réalisés dans le monde chaque année.